Sunday, September 13, 2009

A friend indeed

To all of my friends who care enough to read my blog I love you! This is a compilation of thoughts and words with my First Best Friend- the Holy Spirit. Thank You for loving me and thank You for loving me.

As I sat the other night with friends I was very intently listening to a conversation that was brought on by one friend who went to a friendship conference. Even though I appeared to be a little spaced from there talk I was in deep thought. My thought was, am I a good friend? As I pondered that I asked the Holy Spirit am I a good friend? Then in the moment I realized what I had said? The Holy Spirit brought this word to the forefront of my mind, A friend loveth at all times. I said to myself well I guess that is a no. Feeling a little taken back I continued to listen, I heard words like, vulnerable, what is your personality, what is your love language?, fear of opening up. The words all seemed so jumbled as they poured out into my mind but as I thought further I realized, am I vulnerable? yes and no, what is your personality? I really dont know? what is my love language? humm let me see?? even that I did not really know, fear of opening up? I dont think I would call it fear but most times I'd rather hold back. So the more I thought the more I got jumbled. I know! I need to analyzes these thing to become that perfect friend!!
I came to the conclusion that even if I was vulnerable or not vulnerable, even if I knew myself really well, If I figure out and charted my personality from research and smart peoples opinions that would not help me be a better friend. As I set down with my closest friend ever He told me again a friend loveth at all times. I also realized that it is not a good friend per say or a causal friend or a neighborhood friend it is a friend, period, that loves at all times. The One who saved me and teaches me lives inside of me and He is the only true friend and He loves me at all times and because of Him I can too and that is what I am striving for to be a better friend first to Him and then to others, who just plain loves. We are a friend of God. How crazy would it be if we are friends with the one who is friends with everyone and not be friends with choice others. Yeah guilty! talking about myself. Love is patient Love is kind and thank God that is what He is to me. Thanks a million Jesus.

With Love through You,

Lydia

P.S. If we can get the first commandment down then we can change the world Love the Lord(Adoni-Master and Lord) God with all of your heart, soul, and strength(everthing you got) and love( patient, kind, forgiving, compassionate, and on and on) your neighbor as yourself.

1 comment: